Sunday, October 10, 2010

"I've been busy"

Dear Sister,

So, I've been meaning to post, but...err...I've been busy...

Okay, now, I'm sure you've realized before that the "I've been busy" excuse is pretty much my biggest pet peeve. Why you ask? It's not because I don't believe that people are busy. Or even that they are so busy that they simply just don't have time to get everything done. Believe you me, do I know that is absoutely possible. The thing is this-- no matter how busy you are, no matter how little sleep you are getting, it's just all about prioritizing. So yeah, I work every single freaking day, and often get off work at 130am and have to get up for the other job six hours later, but have I really not had time to go grocery shopping? No, I could have after work one day. It just was not high on my priority list. Speaking of lists-- here is the most current:

Ella's list of prioritizes
Work ($$)
Sleep (zzz)
Run (ahhh)

So, basically, what I really mean, and what I think everyone really means when they say "I'm busy" or "I've been busy" or some variation thereof, is "It wasn't on the top of my priority list." Now, don't get me wrong, that's totally understandable. Especially if someone is working ridiculous hours or has a lot of super important life stuff going on. It is very reasonable for some things, like communication with the people you love, to fall a little bit down on the priority list. But the thing is, in the world of communication we live in these days, "I was too busy" just doesn't fly. Texting takes approximately 20 seconds (unless, of course, we're talking about the parentals, in which case its probably more like one minute 20 seconds...). Writing a post takes a little bit longer, granted, but I'll be honest: I could have posted instead of watching Law and Order one night. 

So what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry writing to you has fallen down on my priority list some. You'll notice, though, that eating is also not on that list. Because I forgot to put it on there, and then I realize that's sort of accurate, since eating has become a bit of an after thought. I'm eating, don't worry, it just isn't very thought through. It's more like, oh, hey! I have to be at work in ten minutes, better inhale this bowl of cereal real quick. 

The other reason, though, for the lack of posts is that I really wanted to show you some pictures of my apartment but it's hard to get good angles that show what it actually looks like. So then I realized I could take a video and post that! But then I realized that I wanted to clean the apartment first, but I was really tired, and the kitten (oh, yeah, we got a kitten...more on that later) was running around like a nut and well, instead I napped and went to work. 

So here is my promise to you: I will revise my priority list. 

Ella's *new and improved* priority list:
Work ($$$)
Sleep (zzzzzz)
Run (ahhh)
Eat (numanumanum)
Post (eeeeeee!)
Stick to *new and improved* priority list

Video of the apartment to come soon. Just as soon as I clean. And sleep. And...err...you get the idea. 

love,
your reprioritizing sister 


No comments:

Post a Comment