I've been sitting at the hospital all day, waiting for StrongDad, and I finally got the wireless to work (woohoo!) so I thought I'd blog you a post of the things I've been thinking about.
1. 9 to 5s really aren't that bad, especially when you have a cubicle with a window.
2. 9 to 5s really aren't that bad, especially when you have a computer that works at an efficient speed.
3. 9 to 5s really aren't that bad when you are getting paid for them.
4. Do not put a wad of cash in your back pocket, because $60 will fall out between your apartment and the bank. And it will suck. A lot.
5. Do put wads of cash in a container in your room, or the bank, because the disappear a lot slower that way.
Okay, so, clearly, the first three and the last two are in reference to different episodes from my recent life. The first three I realized last week when I was filling in for a producer at LOE, and the latter I realized after, well, it's pretty self explanatory.
Some other things I've learned (relatively) recently? Well, for one thing, "kill 'em with kindness" really is the best approach. I mean, you can (and should) still stick up for yourself, but people have one of two responses when you're just respond with super niceness: they either can't be mad at you, or it makes them super mad. And I consider either of those a win. (This piece of wisdom has gotten me through 6 years of waitressing.)
Also, a sense of humor makes all the difference. Think PecanMama and her health humor, the Gparents not buying green bananas and finally, the most recent example:
(this was found attached to his health proxy form, which appoints BeachMom as his health proxy).
I'll run the possible new names by him later (my vote is for DarthDad).